Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:32 pm 
Cererean Princess

But will that vampire be the source of the outbreak? Tobias asked.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:38 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Yes," said Jason. "Definitely. We find him and kill him, we stop the spread, and hopefully reverse the vampiral trait."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:44 pm 
Cererean Princess

"What about the vamps bitten before the vampire lord rose to prominence? Won't another just take it's place?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:55 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Vampire Lords are notoriously powerhungry. Any independent vampires will have been forced into his service or killed by now. I shouldn't expect to meet any. Normally they don't become this powerful, but this eternal twilight has strengthened the vampire might."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:15 pm 
Cererean Princess

Is there a time limit beyond which vampires are uncurable Tobias asked. Or would he have to trace his spawn line and imprison all the vamps up to the original one? Can they only be killed with the Spear?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:58 pm 
Matrix Operator

At the mention of the Spear, Jason's face hardened. He withdrew it from his pack and looked at it. "I'm not sure," he said. "My best guess is that the Vampire Lord Can be killed only with the Spear. His minions, however, can be killed ordinarily, as we have seen. And Vampire Lords are nearly always self-created, usually through a deal with Satan- soul for power. He is the only one we have to stop."

OCC: Just remembered he still has it in his pack. :)

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25 am 
Knowledgable Viking

Rok looked up at the word spear. Spears were good. Spears were strong and fast and easy to fix. They could be thrown or used deffensevly or offensevly. He glanced outside. He began to think. They were deep thoughts that were all his own. He decided he must stay with these people. He had intended to run first chance he got but he guessed that when they said spear they meant the spear of destiny. A very old chistian myth. But what if iit wasn't a myth? What if it existed? What if they could get it and use it to slay The Evil One? Yes he must remain with the group.

OOC: Sorry for misspellings and any other errors it is 12:30 am here and I am tired but felt I should post something.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:26 am 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
Mariah nodded at the explantion, "So what's the plan? we have the resources to kill the Vampire Lord, but now finding him is definitely a different story."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:39 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason grinned. "Now there," he said, "I have a way." He turned to the mob of skeleton warriors behind them. "You know who to look for. Find him."
The lead skeleton saluted, then the warriors dispersed, scattering into the mist.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:28 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah nodded, "Mhh, well, that's effective, but what do we do while we wait, and how long will we have to wait. I'm not exactly one who is happy to wait for very long." Mariah stared into the mist, "SO they do your every bidding, and they're indistructable, or can our Vamp Lord buddy turn them against us?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:16 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I don't think so," Jason answered. "I put pretty powerful wards on them. There's also a magical kind of self-destruct if they leave my control. And they'll actually obey any of you. I'm just the focal point for the spell."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 pm 
Silver sorceress

"Ah, so even we could throw a few of your buddies on to attacking Vamps that give any of us trouble? Why didnt you tell us earlier?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:47 am 
Matrix Operator

"Forgot. My bad. Yeah, they're our backup."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:32 am 
Cererean Princess

What about you, Mariah Tobias said. What do you know of the vampire lord? Were you spawned before or after he/she rose to power. Is it a he or a she?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Still waiting, wut2say...

IC: Jason glanced out the window to see if anyone was returning. The streets looked foggy, but no one was in sight. And that worried him.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:56 pm 
Silver sorceress

ooc: sorry guys.....computer life coma type of thing.

Mariah shook her head, "I'm no sure what they are. I've been a vamp forever it seems, at least longer than you guys have probably been alive." She glanced out into the fog, "I'm kind of a hermit vamp, so the only other vamps i see are ones who get in my way, and they dont really live too long. I seem to be the target for some. I've heard about whoever, but no real details."

ooc: sorry again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:08 am 
Matrix Operator

Jason walked over to her. "Not quite. All vampires are linked to darkness. If you consent, I would like to hypnotize you and probe the dark side of magic. It could give us some valuable information.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:55 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah raised an eyebrow, "If you think it will work,i guess, but there are always things in peoples' minds that are hidden even from hypnotism." The rest was a slight mumbling, "And for those who dont believe in hyptnosis, it doesnt work at all."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:22 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I'm going to speak for both chars here, because the hypnosis means that Mariah is not actually speaking, but rather someone else.

IC: Jason had Mariah sit in a chair, facing him. "Now, close your eyes. I want you to imagine an... apple. Picture it in front of you." He began to chant a simple mind-control spell under his breath. Mariah soon slipped into a state of extreme hypnosis of the kind that only magic users can create. "Now, I want you to look around. Where are you?"
She responded in a dreamy voice, "I am in a room."
"What does the room look like?"
"Like an old stone room in a castle. The walls are cold, oh so cold. I think it is raining."
"It's got to be Werthen Castle, about eight miles from here," Jason said to the others in a low tone. "There's a freak storm, probably produced by this darkness, moving over England." To Mariah, he continued. "Can you smell anything?"
"I smell death... much death. It fills the very air I breathe. Wait... I see another vampire. He looks at me strangely. He's yelling something over his shoulder-"
"Dammit," said Jason, "He can see the mind probe. Mariah, I want you to count to ten, and with each number, you will begin to wake up." He chanted a few words.
At the count of ten, her eyes opened. Jason turned to Tobias. "We know where he is, and he knows now that we are looking for him. We should go there immediately."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah shook her head, "Wow, odd stuff. And may i ask, why an apple?" She looked around at everyone moving, "Okay, moving too fast. my mind has slowed down from the fact we havent been running for a while. And the weather has played a part as well. Slow down!" She stood up "How are we going to get there?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Simple," Jason said with a grin as he sat at an unused computer. "We steal a car." He began typing. "Vampire hunters have access to the U.S. and United Kingdom satellites. I'll just need a minute to create a link between this-" he held up a PDA he'd "found" outside- "and the satellite to get real-time updates on the location of any guards. Also, it looks like the weather is holding over the caste, so we'll get the cover of rain to sneak in. Our best bet is to get through the security and into the dungeon undetected, since I'm guessing that is where the Vampire Lord resides."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:40 pm 
Silver sorceress

"HOw ironic that a vampire hunter is in the group. Your purpose didnt make much sense until now. Of course, mine still doesnt." "Will satellites be working through this stuff?" She gestured toward the sky. "And how mush security are we expecting?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 pm 
Matrix Operator

"They'll work through anything. And we can expect to find something like twenty to thirty vampires in and around the castle. We'll have to sneak around them, since I don't know about the rest of you, but twenty vamps with modern weaponry is a little hard to handle." He sighed. "What I wouldn't give for the old days of hunting them one by one, when their only weapon was their fists."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:52 pm 
Matrix Operator

"The satellite should work through anything, I just have to switch to infrared. As for the security, I don't know. We may fight our way through or move by stealth."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:04 pm 
Silver sorceress

OOC: i think i'll go with the second post, chronilogical order calls me to do so. I will go against my rebeling nature.

"Ah, the power of technology, infared, lasers....all toys of today's generation." Her brow creased, "And as for the infiltration, if possible, we should try for stealth, though we probably wont have much choice in the matter once we get there. Fighting has too many casualties."

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next