Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:28 am 
Cererean Princess

Just then vampires began streaming out of the building. Tobias looked at his watch. "Looks like it's technically night. The vamps haven't changed their circadian rythms. That's good for us."
They waited until the vamps had gone. "Time to go. That's reduced the number of Vamps we need to deal with. Thy'll be a few vamps remaining to deal with, but less. Jason, Mariah, you ready? Sorry, forgot to ask your name," he said to the newcomer.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
"You realize we forgot those nifty wraps that ninjas use to disguise themselves, right?" Mariah's playful smile disappeared as she looked toward the building, she sighed, "better late than never, but i do not wish to go first." She looked toward Ashen, her playful smile back, "The first spots open and waiting."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 pm 
Cererean Princess

"Any takers for going in first?" asked Tobias.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:04 pm 
Silver sorceress

"I dont suppose you could be the brave and powerful leader who will go first into the battle with the enemy." Mariah smiled, "I promise i will be right behind you, i just really ,really dont want to go first."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am 
Cererean Princess

IC: "Jason? You want to go in first?" Tobias looked around "Where is Jason?"

OOC: Where is Falconer?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm 
Matrix Operator

Really sorry guys, my parents have decided that due to my decline toward a vegetative state i'm not allowed on the comp anymore.
:cry:
Anyhow, I'm using a computer at the hospital I volunteer at to post this. Only have break time for this and one other post, so bye!

PS: Jason left to go do something dramatic and life-threatening, feel free to continue without him.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:59 am 
Cererean Princess

"I suppose I'll have to go in first then." Tobias checked around. No one would be able to see him if he ran down now.
He was just about to rush through the doors when h ralized something was wrong. That something was called an Arc of lightning that went from one side f the door to another.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:24 pm 
Silver sorceress

"What is that?" Mariah had followed Tobias gaze when she had realized that he had stopped planning on moving, slightly relaxing her muscles from their tense position from when she was preparing to follow Tobias. "Something tells me that's going to be a problem. What is it?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:05 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Ever read Contest by Matthew Riley?

IC:"An electric fence. They've electrified the whole building." Tobias searched around for something to disrupt the field with, a Magnet, some metal, anything. "I need some metal poles or something to disrupt the current."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: [creepy childs voice]Anybody there?[/creepy childs voice]

IC: Tobias dug around in his pockets for a while. "Ah, I've found something", he said, pulling out an old telephone magnet from a payphone. "I always have stuff like this in my pocket," he explained to Mariah, Ashen, and whoever else had decided to join the group. "It's bound to come in useful sometime."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:07 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan fell face first in to the ground from a portal that had apeared from behind the group. Slightly annoyed and completly obliviouse to his new suroundings, stood up and, dusted himself off. He quickly went to checking his pockets and let out a sigh of relief when everything was still there.

ok, my pockets didn't dissapear this time, thats good. he told himself, and finaly looked up to view his surroundings.

Even with his keen vision he was having trouble disiphering what was what. He could tell he was standing with a group of people, he never met, infront of a building, he'd never seen, in a place he'd never been and that was the sum of it. Other than that he couldn't see much of anything.
It was avery dark and groosome place and that alone made him hope that Cleeishies had never been here to see this place. It didn't seem like a place she'd fair well in. Because he could think of nothing else better to do He walked up to thr group and tried to intoduce himself if only to gather imformation about this stange new place he'd found himself in, and as he approched he over heard them plaing out some sort of battle plan or stratigy. Now he was interested in hearing what they had to say for sure, was he in the middle of a war zone?
Uh, Hi, I am Ivan Bourus Kristone and I am very close to being a jack of all trades. it's nice to meet you all. I don't mean to pry but uh, where exactly is this and what's going on? Are you guys in a war of some kind because it doesn't look like you've got much of an army to speack of. he asked a bit unsure of how they'd react

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:27 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Sorry, wut2say, but your characters being turned over to a NPC for the moment. And same for you, Embermoon.

IC: "Well, as you can see it's dark" Tobias said to the nwcomer. "But it isn't night. Well, it is, but my point is that the sky's gone black and the sun's been blocked." He glanced towards the building. "Of course, with the sun blocked, there are new oppertunities for Vampires to attack us. Of course, as you can see, there are also new oppertunities for Vampires to join small groups like this. We're an equal oppertunity employer, blah blah blah, doesn't matter what species you are, you can join." He walked up to the building and tried out the magnet. "Well, I've managed to drwa away part of thge current, but there's still the problem of gaining an entrance.."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:20 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan looked over at him slightly confused.

what's wrong with the frount door? that's the way people where I come from get in a building usualy. Unless they are attempting to sneak into the place that is.

he said and looked from him to the group then at the buliding, becoming even more confused when he saw no door on the building.

You do have doors in this realm don't you? please tell me I'm just being really dense and can't see it. It does have a door right?

he asked now scratching his head.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I'm back," said Jason, approaching out of the mists. "The whole building appears way to quiet, like something's wrong." He stopped and glanced at Ivan. "Another one." He began scaling a nearby power line. "Current's out to this part of town, so..." He tore loose a line. "Tobias, see if you can use this to redirect the current."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:57 am 
Cererean Princess

"They've redirected the current from the city to gaurd the building,it seems," Tobias spoke. "I could short circuit the current, but it's quite a big current... will the line be able to hold it? And I'm not sure it will redirect it all." He looked closely. "Ah, that's annoying. We need to cut of the power. And it's coming from a nuclear power station about 6 miles from here." He looked up at the street lights. "And now we won't have street lights to light our way. Another advantage they've gained and we've lost."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:55 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I only have one flashlight." Jason shrugged. "I can go in first with Mariah and see if it's safe. As a vampire, she should be able to see in the dark.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 am 
Cererean Princess

He gave Jason a blank stare. "You can't enter the building; you'd get electrocuted. And I don't think I can do any time tricks now. That exhausted me totally last time. Of course, it didn't help that everyone was trying to kill me. Lol."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:15 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc: forgot to mentune earlier that he's go a charm around his neck that was also given to him by the Godess Mirravin. Also Ivan is from the same time of Dracula so he has never seem a lot of now days tec.

Ic:

Ivan listened to their conversation and sat thinking for a moment. He wasn't full vampire of course but he didn't need a light to see as good as he did, but some of these words made no sence to him to begen with plus there was the power that the godess had given him, he knew he could use that as a light if he needed to. He fingered the small cross that lay gently on his cheast beneth his shirt woundering wether it was safe to revile it to these strangers. then he walked over to one of the dead power lines and picked it up.

So you can make electricity from these cord things called wires? And your enimies are using this sorce to electrifie this building of theirs? So what is a nucular plant and how would one go about shutting it off?

He asked trying to grasp what was going on the best he could.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:01 pm 
Cererean Princess

"A nuclear plant... well it's kind of hard to explain to someone who hasn't lived in this world. It's like... some materials can be made to emit particles with lots of energy," Tobias attempted to explain. "The trouble is, the particles emmitted are harmful to life, so a lot of shielding is required for the material." He thought for a moment. "I don't know how we could shut it off, but... Jason, if vamires are dead, are they susceptible to radiation?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:17 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason gave him a strange look, then stared off into space. "You know, no one has ever tried to find out. I have no idea." He shot a look at Tobias. "Don't even think about it. Shutting down a nuclear power plant is not like flipping a switch. Without the proper training, we risk a nuclear meltdown."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 pm 
Cererean Princess

"Well, we'll just have to find a way to redirect the current back to the city" Tobias commented. "Any idea how we can do that? We'll have to reach the electricity thingy, you know, where they can shut off the power..."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm 
Matrix Operator

"That will take too long." Jason stepped back and stared at the building. "There's got to be a better way."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan thought for a moment then looked at the wire in his hands.

I know electricity works in branches. If it's like I think couldn't we cute off the branch that leads to the power supply, and attach it to this line? That wouldn't be extreamly time consuming i don't think... He asked slowly and held up the dead wire. Still eyeing it himself. He was slowly begening to uderstand. The wire conducted the electricity and gave it somewhere to flow because of the metal it was made of.

It made since to him that if they cut the wire it was travling from and attached the ends to the dead wires that the proublem would be fixed but capturing electricity in such a mannter was stll new to him he was used to channaling electricity though magic, and he wasn't willing to let anyone on to how much he really didn't know about the situation.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 am 
Cererean Princess

"Redirecting it..." Tobias thought. "Perhaps... trouble is, it's an awful lot of energy. If only we had magic available. But I don't think I can do that trick I did before."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 am 
Godsin Queen

Magic?

Ivan's eyes grew wide.

I was begening to think that this realm didn't have any magic. Um, I have something that might help.

He sighed then looked down at where the charm around his neck lay for a moment. Then he slowly pulled the small cross from underneth his shirt and took it from around his neck.

It was a small silver simple looking thing with a small bit of writing ringed around a crystal blue, circular jewl in it's center, which begain to glow slightly as he held it up for them to see.

It doesn't look like much but this little thing is supposed to bring out a persons true potential or something like that. I should have paid more attention when it was being explained to me. You can use it, but it's very importiant that I get it back. The person that gave it to me wouldn't be too forgiving if I lost it. As he offered he begain to wonder why he felt obligated to be so helpful to these new strangers. Although he could tell they ment no harm to him at the moment.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next