Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:39 am 
Cererean Princess

"The trouble with magic is...." Tobias paused, "it takes a lot of energy. There isn't that much energy going free around here. If your magic depends on free energy, well..."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

"What kind of energy is required?" Jason took the pendant and examined it, then handed it back. "There are traces of power. Whatever we do, we need to do quickly. There are still vampires inside this building."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 am 
Cererean Princess

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"But if it depends on the electricity surrounding the building.." Tobias smiled a maniacal grin. "We'll use their power against them."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

"So cliche." Jason grinned too. "I like it."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:37 pm 
Godsin Queen

Hmm, you plan to use it's power to absorb this electricity, and control it? I suppose that would work, or maybe I am misunderstanding something here. His tone made it oviouse that he was more than just slighttly confused with the situation. He cast his gaze toward the ground so he wouldn't have to look any of them in the eye.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:50 am 
Cererean Princess

"I'm not sure" Tobias mused. "Ivan, please can I have a look at the Artifact? I need to know all you know about it."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:26 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan handed the amulet over nad sighed.

That's the proublem there isn't much I do know about it. The Godess Mirravin gave it to me before I became a vampire lord. So far I know it can channal emotions and turn them into energy for spells. I don't think it would be to different to use it to gather raw energy, but I've never tried it before. I mainly use it to enhance my swordplay abilaties.

He admited.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:12 pm 
Cererean Princess

"How does it enhance your sword fighting abilities?" Tobias enquired, turning the Artifactover in his hands. "I'm not much of an expert when it comes to artifacts like this" he admitted. "Jason, perhaps you could get something out of it?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:59 pm 
Godsin Queen

it draws the power from a lot of different places. Mostly from my emotions at the time. I suppose I could try to draw the power into my blade using the amulet. I don't think it's energy draw necsarly has to be from emotions. I've never tried it any other way however. So I havre no idea on wether it would wor that way. He tried to explain the best wya he knew how.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

"it might be a mind-alteration spell that he's using, but the underlying enchantment is more complex than that. It looks like it draws the ambient energy in the area and redirects it into the target. This could be exactly what is needed."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:14 am 
Cererean Princess

"Okay." Tobias turned to Ivan. "Can you consciously use it, or does it just happen when in battle? Say, if you attack someone or something, does it boost your energy?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:41 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan scratched his head thoughtfuly.

it's actuly a bit of both. I can draw power from it whenever I want, and when I wear it around my neck, it seems to make me feel stronger at least it seems that way anyways. He told them as he eyed the building in frount of them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:03 am 
Cererean Princess

"Okay..." He handed it back to Ivan. "Try attacking the building."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:01 pm 
Godsin Queen

Without a word further he unsheathed Tearbeth and Soulus and took a deep breath. This wasn't what he concidered a rational test, but now all eyes were on him. He couldn't live down just walking away from these people. Plus he needed them as much as they needed him. After all he couldn't denigh he knew nothing of this realm other than it wasn't a place to wander around by one's self.

Slowly he took another breath now eyeing the electricity flowing around the building. "This should be easy, after all Mirravin told me my element was lightening. So why am I having doubts? Oh, suck it up Ivan you've been though worse, much worse......
he thought to himself.

With another deep breath Ivan darted foward picking up speed the closer he came to his destination.
Fair Godess Mirravin, guide my blade! he made the call mostly under his breath thinking it a bit embarassing to shought a battle cry over such a thing.
Then with a bounding lead he rose into the air and dugg his blade into the frount door of the building.
In moments he felt an enormouse amount energy begen to well up inside him, and it was quickly becomeing too much to bare and even painful.
After several moment of enduring this and without thinking. He redirected this energy though soulus, and blasted it the energy though the building's wall. Which left a rather large creater that threatened to cave in at any moment.

While the energy from the building continued to flow he begain to hear a mingle of both angered and pained howls and growls. He now gasped for air, but only slightly. It wasn't taking very long at all for it to become overwheling once more, and the rush of gaining and releasing energy so fast was taking a toll on his body.

He managed to look back at the group and display a rather cocky grin, and give a small thumbs up before droping to his knees.
This defenatly wasn't something he could keep up for long.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:39 pm 
Matrix Operator

Drawing his gun, Falconer swiftly entered the building, checking the hall. "Clear!" Without lowering his gun, he pulled a lever down, shutting off the energy field.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:44 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Yes, we're in!

"Yes, we're in!" Tobias pulled out the Crossbow. He called to Falconer. "Do bullets work on Vamps?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Finally, next time I pick the barrier.

"Not permanently, but two to the head will incapacitate even the toughest vampire for several minutes." Jason pulled out a handfull of sharpened ash stakes, roughly two feet in length and slender enough to thrust through a belt. "Here, I have enough for everyone."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 am 
Cererean Princess

Tobias looked at the stakes he'd been given. "What am I supposed to do with them? Stab the Vampire?" He checked the point. "Or do we incapacitate them, then hammer the stake in?"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
Matrix Operator

"You're going to have to impale them on the go," Jason responded. "I soaked them in garlic extract, so they should be lethal enough. Aim for just below the rib cage, angling up." Raising gun and flashlight, he started forward.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:20 pm 
Godsin Queen

Not wanting to blast another hole in the wall Ivan quciky took a less destrucktive aproch to releving his pain. With a little work, he mannaged to comand the flow of energy to vent into the grownd, electrafieing the ground around him.
After getting enough enegy released he was able to stand again, and carefuly pulled tear from it's spot where it'd been logged. It was straining work since he had to make sure the stream of energy continued to flow into the blade at least long enough for him hiself to make his way inside.
Then after waiting for the other to pile into the building he trugged his way to the hole in the building he'd created. After getting that far he tested the floor to make sure it wasn't a condutor. After all he didn't want his new friends to be fried to a crisp if he suddenly had to let go of his link to the "electric fence". It also ment he could safely keep his flow towards the floor without the worry of killing anyone he didn't want to. Although keeping the link open would mean making sure no one acidently ran into it.
Ok, I'm coming in, and if you don't want to die a horribly painful death please refrian from getting in my way.
He announced in a cocky and almost too prideful to be tolorated tone. Even though it was honestly just his way of warning his new friends not to pass though the energy streaming though his blade.

This coment however got welcomed with a stream of angery vampires. Not that he really could blame them. He readied soulus as they came closer, nevously hoping he could take them all after the last stunt he pulled. Although this was something he'd never let them in on.
Oh come on my grandmother can run faster than that, and you call yourselves vampires. You arn't worthy of breathing the same air as me. Come faster, embrace the wrath of a real vampire.
He told them grining slyly. The vampires comeing toward him hissed angerly, and begrudgenly quickened their pase.

As the first reached him he quickly took action. He thrusted soulus deep into the first's cheast, who screeched and and fell into a pile of dust onto the floor. After viewing this the others paused briefly, now taking him a bit more seriously.

You're nothing but a filthy halfbreed!one of them rasped from the crowd as they begain to incircle him now. "Oh crap, well it's only three, I can do three easy. I think." he thought to himself

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am 
Cererean Princess

Tobias readied the stake. "Hmm, a lot of Vampires. Oh well, if they get to close and put me in real danger I'd probably end up doing that thing I did before. But that's to draining" he said to himself as he stabbed a vampire through the heart "so I'd rather do it this way".

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

Two echoing shots and the third vampire was on the ground moaning. Stepping forward, Jason impaled the last, twisting around to throw his stake like a knife, catching the one he'd incapacitated.
Further up the corridor, Jason could see two vamps turn and dash for the stairs. A trio of bullets cut down one, but the other made it away. Jason cursed, ejecting his clip and slamming in a fresh one. "That one will warn the others. Ivan, you're with me. Were going to have to shut down the building's power. Tobias, you take Mariah and find out were the vampires are barracked."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm 
Cererean Princess

"Okay." Tobias looked around. "Any idea where they're likely to be? And any idea of what do when we find them would be appreciated."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:08 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan watched in an almost awwed state as his new friends made short work of the vampires opposing him at the moment. Then as they spoke he stood scilently to soak up all that was said between them.

First he turned to Tobias to answer his question.
The vampires where I come from are easily sunburned and hate anything human. Ironicaly they also have a thing for old ruined chaples. So you'd be wise to look for them underground, or in an old run down chaple maybe close to here. Then after saying this he turned to Jason and nodded.

As long as you know how to shut this thing down when it comes time to. I no nothing of your tecnolagy so I proubly won't be much help in finding it for you. I can more than cover your back if you need it though. Only, what should I do with this? He asked and raised his blade with the stream of electicity still running though it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:03 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason grinned. "Save that for when we reach the generators." With Ivan trailing behind him, he descended the stairs.
At the bottom was a chamber with three doors leading out. Two vampires stood guard inside. Jason took down the first with a flying tackle, plunging his stake repeated into his foe. Behind him came a yelp, followed by a severed vampire's head rolling past.
Standing, Jason could feel his heart racing from the fight. "Well, do we take door number 1, door number 2, or door number 3?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next