Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:30 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Sayn looked questionably at the new staff, then to his own. "Is there a way to reverse the process?" He held up the topaz staff, balancing it in his palm. "I can't carry two staffs, and getting aligned with this one for my powers would take entirly too long. I couldn't even get a spark with the amulet alone. I am too old to change my ways at a whim, so adding this as a gem to my crossbow would be much more useful and less time-consuming."

He didn't shun the gifts, but all this was a bit overwhelming. Any more strangers to pop out of the woodworks to give me any MORE strange and powerful gifts? At that moment his stomach let out a growl that might have been a bear's and a knock came at the door. Before anyone could answer he let out a sigh and opened the door, grabbing himself some grub from the cart an attendent brought in. "I am sorry this will have to wait till later, I'm starving." He gave her a tip and dropped to his own bed, digging into the chicken with a vengence.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Sitting up from staring at the cieling Thorn looked at her new bracelt and slipped it onto her wrist, it fit perfectly and to her it looked beautiful.
thankyou she said staring at her new gift.
this is really amazing she thought happily looking from the bracelet to her rapier.
Two amazing gifts and i can use them with my powers. Lieing back down she carried on staring at the cieling.
it would be nice though if they didnt talk about darkness and stuff when they gave me a gift though, if someone gets suspicious and finds out im a demonkin... Thorn sighed and pushed the thought to the back of her mind. It was not something to worry about.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:48 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Psyche situated the tiara on her head, and felt a spark run down her spine. It fit perfectly, and the power from it was...
"This is a different power than the ring, Ashtala. Your ring enhances my attacks, this enhances my defences. They will both be used with care. Thank you both."

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:20 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

OOC: the Axe is a full size useable one, but i can turn it into something else if you want.

IC: "Ashtala, these gifts work with the weapons that you gave them, if they can learn how to combine the powers of the gift and the weapon. And Sayn, i can turn it into something else, or fuse it with your bow if you like." Maryin says, looking around. "You said something about the beds, what if i just put up a barrier around the room." Maryin says, as he finishes, a blue barrier forms around the room. "Ashtala, Im going to tell them about what you gave them." maryin says, pulling out his scythe, for the first time since he arrived.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:31 pm 
Godsin Queen

You are going to have them all wringing my neck but if you insist.Ashtala answered Maryin. She had felt a little eased by the fact that her own gifts had not become useless, but she had doughts that the group would like anything Maryin had to say about the way they came to be. At least make them promise not to kill me. Ashtala grummbled half-heartedly while unwillingly falling asleep.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:39 pm 

Thorn looked up and smiled at ashtala come on we wouldnt hurt you she said.
How bad could it be she though looking down at her rapier.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:02 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

"Ok then, do yal all promise not to kill Ashtala." Maryin says, a chuckle in his voice.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:15 pm 

i promise thorn said sitting up and actually paying attention now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:45 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Brothorn looked at this new ax.
"Um. . .I agree with Sayn," he said to Maryin. "Two axes would be too much for me. Keep this up and I'll be overloaded with weapons and not able to fight!" He grinned a little at the thought.
"If you don't mind, could you change it for me? I would like it smaller. Something I could easily carry with me, but could not easily be taken away. You know?" Brothorn turned to Ashtala.
"Like the others said, your gifts are not useless. Well, at least, when I learn how to weild a sword it won't be useless." He smiled, hoping that the joke would at least get a chuckle out of her.

Brothorn sat on the floor and prepared to listen to what Maryin had to say.
"Why would we won't to kill her? This must be pretty serious!"

OOC: Maryin, I had an idea of something like fusing the gem to Brothorn. I pictured something like a upside down triangle between his shoulder blades. Don't ask. . .It's just what came to mind. Could you do something like that?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Sayn finished off the chicken and wiped the grease with a corresponding napkin. He lifted the staff, this time concentrating on it it shrunk and molded back into it's gem shape, in which he attached it to the end of the handle of the crossbow. "Much better, I'll agree not to harm anyone, no matter what secrets they might have, as long as they don't endanger any one of us."

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:30 pm 
Legendary Warrior

I promise not to hurt Ashtala. Now what is it that you are going to tell us?

Kavaitin said as he was playing around with his gifts.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

"Ok brothorn" maryin says, taking the axe, then turnign it into a triangle and fusing it into brothorn's back. "Now, about the weapons. They are cursed weapons, created from the soul of the user, however, they are still attached to Ashtala's soul right now, but are slowly bonding to your souls. When she gave you all the letters, it took just enough of your soul to start the bond. They are slowly bonding completely to your souls, just as my death scythe is completely bonded to my soul." Maryin says, showing them his scythe.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:27 pm 

its bonding ... to our souls she said looking down at the rapier then back up at maryin.
neat she suddenly said smiling.
what, i think it actually sounds quite cool, are there any side affects from it she asked seeming not to be even bothered by this new infomation.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 pm 
Godsin Queen

Destroy the gifts and risk destroying yourself. Since they are mostly connected to me right now if everyone smashed their gifts from me right now it'd kill me insantly. That and you are the only ones who can use them. those are the only side affects besides an incress in magical abilities. Ashtala said still trying to will herself to stay awake.

After you get finished eating you should all get cleaned up and go to bed. I think I'll just take a small nap before washing up.Ashtala added rubbing her eyes, still a bit warry of letting this sudden sleepyness take her.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

"So these new gifts are correspondingly attached to your soul? Does it tax us to have more than one of these soul-weapons?" Ashtala had hinted at this earlier, but till now nothing of 'souls' specificly had been said, just that she was connected to them somehow, temporarily. He looked at the amulet. So that was the warping sensation I felt. If i'm right... He lifted it and gazed into it's depths. Once again a sense of vertigo took over, sucking his mind out of his body. Pillars of white light were slowly darkening as the item was weened off of Ashtala's energy and onto his own. He walked up to these shimmering pillars studying them.

To Sayn's surprize they had a gravity of their own, drawing him closer. He instinctivly put up a small blocking enchantment and found that it worked even here. He felt for the strings of magic and wove them into a net of sorts, so the items could only draw on him if he had energy to spare. He slipped this net into the changing current of energy. It widened slightly due to the resistance but worked none-the-less. Untill the amulet was in his complete control, it would also guard Ashtala should he lose it for a short amount of time.

Sayn exited the object after putting his nets on all the ports of energy, and then did the same with the gem. Done, he glanced over at the sleeping Ashtala to see if she was affected by his precautions. He doubted it would, if anything it would dampen the powers of amulet and gemstone, and give them both a small bit more energy. Sighing he lay back on his own bed, which had already been placed against the wall and slipped into a relaxed doze.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:49 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Interesting. That puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "Your weapon is nothing bu an extension of your body'.

Kaviatin said as he gulped down some water.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:27 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

"Uh, the gemstone is not a cursed weapon, it will not draw from you." Maryin says, noticing what Sayn had done.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:16 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ashtala shivered in her sleep, her vision running before her eyes once more. Once again she saw the figure running though the flames with the bloody blade. Only this time she saw the figure stepping over piles of dead bodies. Then she heard the scream as she did before, except it went furter than the time before. This time she saw the figure standing over the children she'd heard screaming, and point the blade at one of them.

It was a small girl, and as the figure sat there she wailed " don't kill us please don't! please Don't! Then to her upmost horror She got a glimse of the figures face,even with the glaring red eyes she could tell who it was, The figure she seen running though the flames, the thing she had took as a bad omen, was her!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:22 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Brothorn thought over what Maryin and Ashtala had just told them.
"Part of us, huh?" Brothorn wasn't particularly pleased with the idea, but he couldn't see that much could be done about it now.
Brothorn reached over and grabbed a peice of the food Maryin had brought. He scarfed it down hungerily not caring about manners. When he finished, he grabbed another peice and it dissappeared in the same manner. When he finished, Bothorn found a bed in the corner and laid down. He noticed that Ashtala was tossing and turning in her sleep. Not wanting her to suffer from nightmares, but not wanting to be attacked upon her waking, Brothorn tossed a pillow across the room at her in hopes of snapping her out of her nightmare.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:34 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sayn cracked an eye, annoyed at the disurbance. "Better safe than sorry." He once again closed his eys and drifted back into his rest, thinking of all the possibilities made open to him with the amulet and gemstone, smiling at the power, despite himself.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:45 pm 
Godsin Queen

The Pillow landed sqaure in Ashtala's face which made her squeal in fear and shock. She bolted from her bed and into the washroom infront of it and locked ther door. Then she franticly looked at her eyes in the mirror, and sighed with relief to see that they were still the same dark blue as before she fell asleep.

Shaking off her fears she turned the bath on and watched as the bath basin filled up with water. As the basin filled up with water Ashtala poured bath soaps into the water, and lit the candles surouding it with her magic. Then she shed her robes and clothes underneth and slipped into the basin, letting the cooling water engulf her body. She knew the bath wouldn't wash her fears away, but she hopped it would calm her nerves.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:51 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Brothorn had not expected such a reaction from Ashtala. He wathed wide-eyed as she ran screaming to the wash room. He wondered if he should check on her, but the moment he heard the water running he decided against it. Brothorn rolled over, closed his eyes, and fell into his own troubled sleep. . .

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:57 pm 

Thorn watched ashtala ran into the bathroom and sighed.
what on earth is going on she said looking over at brothorn.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:13 pm 
Solitary Serpent

"Bad dream. . .woke up. . ." Brothorn mumbled an answer for Thorn as he drifted off to sleep.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:13 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sayn woke up suddenly, something was wrong, he could feel it. Or rather he COULDN'T feel much of anything. He looked around desperatly, trying to get up, but his limbs just lulled to the side as he desperatly tried to move. Damn it, that chicken was poisoned! Obviously the possibly magical venom noticed his struggles and a bout of dizzyness caused his eyes to roll and close as his body began to sweat and convulse erraticly under the covers.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next