Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ahh, planning to just break things, sounds good to me. Ivan siad with a chuckle and followed Jason to a set of doors with a pair of Vampires gaurding it. Jason took the first, and the secound vampire quickly charged after Ivan as soon as he'd seen him. As pure reflex he quickly struck out with soulus and cut it's head clean off. Even so the vampire's body had already went into motion and, it's claws dug into his shoulder. He let out a welp at the enitial blow. then quickly thrusted soulus into the lifesless hide to make it release him. the corps droped into a pile of dust as the other did, but curiously the head stayed intact as it rolled wobbly acrossed the floor.
Just then Jason spoke up about the doors.
Well, the gaurds were gaurding both door number 1 and door number three. I think it's safe to say that door number 2 must not have what we'er looking for. Unless they were trying to trick us into not going into door number two. In that case we'd be looking to go into door number 2. Vampires are very sly creatures after all, and I should know. He answered grinning slyly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Thank you for clearing that up." Jason set his stake on the ground and spun it. The tip came to rest pointing left. "Door number one it is."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan nodded in satisfaction, his way of choosing a door was almost a bit humorus.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. At least we do know that two of these doors are simply to distact us. Although it should be fairly easy to figure out which doors are the distactions after we step inside eh?Ivan humored.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

Bracing himself, Jason charged forward, kicking down the door to encounter a fearsome broom closet. Feeling slightly sheepish, he was about to apologize when he spotted scrape marks on the ground in front of him. Pulling on one of the handles, he revealed a hidden room. Inside, a large, humming machine took up most of the space, sparks dancing around it. On a wall hung what looked like a large schematic of the inner solar system, but with several lines added. Jason stepped forward, slack-jawed. "I can't believe it. The vampires actually found leylines that extend into space." Remembering Ivan's presence, he explained, "Leylines are lines of power that form a weaving gridwork across the world. Anyone with a significant connection to them can cast any spell along those lines, including teleportation. It looks like the vampires used a forgotten leyline to teleport a massive amount of debris into an orbit around the sun, and are keeping it stable using the sun's own power."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:23 am 
Godsin Queen

Ivan sat there in deep thought for a moment.
Where i come from magic is free floating, and is very pleantiful. Although there are diffrent streams of energy flows. I suppose that this is the same as your lay lines. What bothers me is, where I come from the sun is like a big ball of really hot fire. If this realm shares that trait, then I wonder what any vampire would have that they'd go so far as to insenarate it with the sun of all things?

He asked curiously, knowing that whatever it wass, it was more likely something that they could have used against them. The thought made him clutch even more tightly to soulus.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

"You misunderstood me," Jason said excitedly, pacing in front of Ivan. "The debris is nothing of value, it's what its doing that is the important thing. The vampires have brought about this eternal twilight, to facilitate their destruction of the entire world." He stopped and began pulling things out of his pack. "We need to destroy this device. If we do that, the dust in solar orbit will fall into the sun, and we'll have day again."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Where's wut2say? Her characters gone NPC for the moment. And Falconer, it would be so much easier to keep the debris in orbit around Earth, or in the atmosphere. Plus Vampires don't want to destroy the Earth, just conquer it.

IC: "Well, looks like I'm stuck with you," Tobias said, grinning at Mariah. "Let's go kick some vampire butt".

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 pm 
Godsin Queen

oh. Ivan rasped feeling a bit stupid at the moment.

Then he stoped the energy flow that was still going into the ground, and let it bottle up inside hime once more.

just tell me where I'm aiming. he said grimmacing slightly.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:47 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: An eternal twilight would effectively remove vampires' time restrictions- no fearing the daylight. As for wut2say, I contacted her on facebook, she's just been a little busy lately.

IC: Jason hunted around until he found the power crystals. "SO this is what they look like." Rummaging around further, her located the spares: eight candle-sized blue shards. "These should be able to store a lot of energy. See if you can charge these, then we need to scatter them through the castle. Breaking them will release all the energy at once, and then..." He grinned. "Boom."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 am 
Godsin Queen

right, but that's easier said than done of course. In saying hat he took aim and shot the crytals all with as much power as possible without making them all explode right then and there.
there I'll keep a small link open to each of them for a more organized detenation so to speak. You just set them up were you want them and I'll cover your back. Just try not to take to long, this power to be honest, hurt like a, well you get the idea. he mannaged to stop himself before he mannaged to demean his image. Even though it made him feel kind of whimpy for being so unwilling to use fowl lingo.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Excellent." Jason rubbed his hands together briefly, oblivious to Ivan's discomfort. "I love when things go boom, it give me warm fuzzies inside." Gathering up the crystals, he placed three inside the machine. "Lets go scatter these around, then we'll find the others. I think they'll want to know this whole place is going to explode."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Twilight
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan nodded obedeantly, and followed behind him as he travled toward the first drop off destination.

Something tells me they arn't going to have to worry about being in the building at that point to begen with. I would be more worried about us. He told him.

Then out of seemly nowhere a vampire pounced from the shadows. Out of pure reflex Ivan threw up his free hand and shot the vampire with pure energy. In which the vampire crumbled into a pile of dust. After being the electricty had finished running it's corse thought it's body.

Wow, I don't think I've ever done that before. Not with my bare hands anyway. he wrasped in suprise at his own self.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:08 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason stopped and frowned. "I've never seen vampires fall to directed energy blasts before." Taking Ivan's hand, he examined it, then resuming walking as he asked, "have you noticed any other substantial changes in your magic lately?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:05 pm 
Godsin Queen

Well, you could say that being a vampire lord has made my life a bit more interesting than most. Although, it seems that the added energy flow has made me just a tad bit more powerful, but that was to be expected. Since it is an artificial energy source there could be a number of unexpected effects. Why, does that trouble you?

Ivan asked while eying his back as they walked. He thoughts wandered into the possibility that his new friend might think of him as a possible new threat. Before he could ponder on the thought more, his stomach made it's own complaints.

um,you are going to think this is wierd so I'm warning you ahead of time. I'm going to grab a quick meal off of the next poor vamp that decides to lung themselves at us.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: We may have to play Dragonrider's character as an NPC soon if he doesn't log back in.

IC: There just wasn't any reply that seemed adequate to the escalating wierdness of Jason's life so he simply shrugged and said, "Go ahead, have fun. About your powers, I think your vampirism combined with exposure to an artificial energy source has enabled you to directly affect the life force of other vampires."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:24 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ooc:hmm, well, I'd give DR till next weekend since that's probably when I'll be able to get on next if I'm lucky. Plus with them being in a different location DR can still take a bit more time with things if needed. Or a lest I think so. He/she can just make the next post really lengthy to make up for lost time.

Ic:
Ivan rolled his eyes slightly at the first comment.
It's not a matter of fun. It's either you or them, and quite frankly I think they'd be the easier catch. I was warning because it's not exactly a pretty sight to witness. He told him both in honesty and jokingly. Those were indeed his only options,but he felt that taking human blood just wasn't for him. Plus there was the small detail about human blood that would turn him into a full fledged vampire. And he liked being a vampirum. Despite the many acusations of being a whimp it came with. It was part of what made him different from the rest, and it proved to the rest of the world that he was born a vampire, not just another turned one.

To the second, he wasn't sure how to take it.

Ah, well do you think it's perment? I'm not sure if that would be a good thing for me. I'm not known for my long abiding patients when it comes to other vampires. Ivan told him in good humor. Now secretly wishing he'd not killed the one vampire in that way. With his hunger boiling in his stomach, and with no other vampire in sight he bit down on his own lip and attempted to shrug the feeling away.

He now thanked his lucky stars that humans weren't appealing to him. Mainly because he was begening to enjoy the company of his new friend. He'd forgotten how good it felt not to be alone in the world.
One things was certain, the next vampire that crossed his sight was going to have a very bad day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:57 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason's voice grew cold. "I watched my entire family, my parents, my brother, my wife, as they were slain by a pair of vampires. I know what the sight looks like Ivan, don't belive for a second that I can't deal with it."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:02 am 
Cererean Princess

OOC: Playing the creator of the RPs character as an NPC? How very dare you!

IC: Tobias walked quickly through the halls. "Do you know this place?" Mariah asked him.
"Not really," he replied. "Well, at least, I don't think I do. I've never been here before, but I know where to go."
Glancing around, Tobias spotted a doorway. "That's strange, this door doesn't fit in with the rest of the building," he murmurred. "Especially since it's embeeded into the wall which seperates this hallway from the room we just came through."

OOC: Where's wut2say? Is she returning any time soon?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I messaged her on facebook, don't do anything big just yet.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan flinched, jason's cold tone was bitter slap in the face.

Yes, most of my kind or idiotic fluff brains that mercylessly kill for the fun of it. I'm suprised you don't hate me as well. I wouldn't blame you if you did. Ivan tried to his best to show his sympathy, even though he already knew this might cause more hurt than it would help. He wasn't sure what to say in those situations. He was a vampire after all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:00 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I don't need to hate. Generalized hate implies lack of closure." He smiled mirthlessly. "I buried what was left of the guilty ones."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan even chuckled a bit a this one. He couldn't agree more. In a way they were very simmilar. Ivan's father had been pointlessly slaughter by slayers for price humans placed on his head. He'd saw to the deaths of every last slayer that had been connected to it.
You and I both. Hate is a strong thing to hold for an entire race. I only wish others were as thoughtful. Maybe there wouldn't be such tense feelings among our races then. Heck I'd love to see the day when... He broke off into scilance, a group of vampires stood about fifteen feet away. There was only three, but this wasn't what caught his attention.

One of these vampires was a bit higher up than the rest of them had been. He was taller than the rest, and a bit buffer. Which meant one of two thing. This vampire was either an elite, a beserke, or somethng just as bad. Either way this was a risky one to try and deal with, but at this point Ivan was too far gone to care.

Completly ignoring the two smaller vampires, Ivan charged straight for the largest one. Who gazed at him stunned in disbelief. Most vampires concidered it an act against nature to drink another vampire's blood.

Despite having the Advantage of suprise Ivan was met with a quick blow to the head, knocking him into the wall. The best of a vampire let out a hardy laugh, and wheeled toward the spot Ivan had landed intending to finish him off.

Ivan wasn't about to let this happen. He quickly barrel rolled between the vampire's legs to safety. Something he couldn't have done if the man hadn't been so tall. Once he'd gotten behind him, he darted back to his feet, and went straight for the neck.

He'd almost met his goal when his teeth met up with an arm instead. Before he could move the vampire curled his fingers around his neck, and lifted him slowly from the ground. He was now faced with the downside to being a vampirum. He was still very killable by mundane means.

The world around him started to disapear the longer he'd been held there, and as a last effort he ripped soulus from his belt and logged the blade as deep into the arm that held him as he could.

As the world around him continued to disappear he felt the persure around his neck dissapear, and the the senation of the air whipping around him, as if he were falling. At least that was what he was hopping it was.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:02 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason charged forward, bodyslamming one of the smaller vampires as Ivan went straight for the big one. His combat knife finished off his own opponent, which Jason followed up by throwing the knife into the second vampire.
He turned in time to see Ivan bury a sword in the big guy's arm. The vampire shrugged it off though, his fingers tightening around Ivan's throat. Sprinting forward, Jason leapt forward. Ignoring all semblance of proper fighting, he abandoned martial arts in favor of Ivan's style - go for the jugular. Slamming his fist into the vampire's throat, he followed that up with a chop to the back of the neck. The sudden attack caused the vampire to release Ivan and turn towards Jason. With a swift move, he drew a slim sword with a red skull-embosed hilt and dark blade and moved forward, raising the sword for what he considered a sure kill...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:08 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
oc: alright alright i'm back.

Mariah dove after Jason into the mix and went after the last of the smaller vampires. After a few moments of struggle she took them out with a bite to their neck. She grimaced at the taste, it was off.
She heard Jason draw his sword and turned to see him facing down the larger vampire.
She tried to catch Jason eye from the back, unsure of whether or not her message went through she prepared to back him up.

oc: alright, is that a good step back in? Sorry guys for the whole not being there thing

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oc: Well sounded good to me, except I think you are supposed to be on the other side of the building with Dragonrider. I guess you can play it off as your vampire senses warned you we were in danger so you dash over to help us.

which reminds me, do we meet back up before or after all these explosive cystals have been placed? Or are we waiting until after the place actually goes boom?

Ic: Ivan slowly woke up from his daze to find the vampire had gone after Jason. His excursion with the vampire would have made him too weak to move after that, but the energy he was pulling with tear still flowed though him and kept him running good enough to walk, despite the fact that the blade had been knocked from his hand in the scuffle. He hopped he'd be able to recover both it and soulus. He didn't want to think of what might happen if he ever had to tell lady Mirravin he'd lost them.

When he was close enough he pounced at the vampire once more. This time he'd met his mark. He hands latched around the vampire's shoulders, and his fangs dug into it's foul flesh. He knew this wouldn't be enough to stop the vampire, but it would slow him down good enough to keep his friends safe.

The strength that came with his status started to flow back into him as he drank. His already long hair grew slightly longer still. The violet in the irises of his eyes spread though out them until it was the only part that could be seen was the violet of his eyes. Claws formed on the tips of his fingers, and he dug them deep into it's flesh. Lastly horns twisted their way from the brim of his hair line.
He was now a beast latching mercilessly onto it's prey. Who lashed violently about in it's attempt to escape. To the vampire he was an annoyance he couldn't quite shake.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next