Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Twilight
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 am 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
oc: damn, really? i missed that part when i was reading through. There were so many pages of posts. that's what i get for having too much of a life.

IC: Mariah glanced across the way at Jason as Ivan sprang, "Shall we do something now? I really dont want to be bored over here? and it's a lot of fun when things seem like they are choreographed. That's my favorite part of thsoe cheesy ninja movies."

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: I thought the life was drained from you, thats why ur a vampire :lol:

IC: Jason's gun came up as Ivan's trannsformation began. Sighting down the barrel, he opened fire.
The vampire snarled in shock as Jason's first shot struck his hand, causing him to drop his sword. The second and third bullets impacted his torso, weakening him enough that Ivan could take him. As Jason stepped back to get a better shot, his foot stuck something on the floor. Glancing down, he paused, then bent over to pick up Ivan's sword.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:18 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: i have life, just no soul...there's a difference. :) I'm going to stick with short posts til i get back into the swing of this.

Mariah shook her head and slid in next to Ivan, carefully taking in his horns, "Mind if i join you? Or would that ruin the fun?"

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan hadn't been so much as phased by Jason loading his rounds into the larger vampire. He only slightly noticed that the vampire had become a bit easier to manage.

"Mind if I join you?"

This of all things startled him. He almost let go of the vampire he was feeding on. Had another vampire just asked him if she could join him? Not only that but to devour another vampire.

here, you can have him. I'm done with him. He answered, and handed the vampire off to her. He was still a bit hungry, but he couldn't feed with her. It would be a dishonor to his wife. As he backed away he began to turn again. It wasn't long before he was back to his normal self. It was as it had always been.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 pm 
Silver sorceress

Mariah smiled, "The world is not solely bent on following traditions. I learned that long ago. Call me a crime of a nonnature, but it works." She glanced over at Jason, "Sooo, I''m going to take off in a moment to return to where i'm suppose to be. Don't kill yourself alright? It's harder than it looks, the whole taking care of yourself thing." She winked at Ivan at an attempt to throw him off guard once again, "No one ever thinks these days huh."

oc: ah, i missed this character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:52 pm 
Godsin Queen

I'm a man of culture not of habit. So nature has never been an issue for me. Told her, then she winked at him. He was a bit confused at what she might be suggesting by this. Of course he couldn't blame her if she were being flirtatious. He hadn't told anyone he was married. He wondered if it would be offending to mention this at this exact moment, and grinned at the thought.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:02 pm 
Silver sorceress

"Culture, habit. Really after a while what is the difference." Mariah wiped her chin with the back of her hand to clean off the blood. She raised her eyebrow at His smile, "You mean you can show emotion with that face! What a glorious moment!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oc: Ivan doesn't have his "feeding face" on anymore. He looks like his normal self now. He only changes for as long as he's feeding. Otherwise he's adorable and handsome. lol.

Oh, and What2say, are you an undead vamp? Or something else, I wasn't quite sure so that I'd know which way to go with this, so if i get it wrong Sorry in advance.

Ic:
Ivan was a bit confused by the last remark. I'm sorry have I offended you? I'm not quite sure what you mean? I was born this way after all.Ivan was still clueless to what she really meant, but he had to try something.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: is it bad that i haven't decided what type of vamp i am? i kinda like the non-undead type.... and Mariah's one of those people who will basically find some way to get under someone's skin...hence the face statement. Cute or no. :)

IC: "You're lost, i can tell." Mariah smiled, "I could explain, but that would ruin half the fun, and that half is the half i like." She turned to head back the way she had came to begin with, "Here's a word of advice though, smile more often. It makes up for your seriousness in everything else."

OC: Umm, so, where exactly am i walking off too? WHere's my Dragonrider buddy? Tobias! He knows where we are!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 pm 
Godsin Queen

Oc: oue, there are some many diffrent grades of vampire.

first there is the traditional turned vampire who is of course undead. Because these vampires die as humans and are brought back as vampires. They are made mainly by the higher ranked vamp. By feeding on humans till they are void of life. then sharring their blood with said human.
Then there are gouls who are just mindless vamps who were made that way by lower vamps who didn't finish killing someone they've fed from.
There are slave vamps, who are governed by a higher vamp, who feeds on and does not kill a human, but does not feed them blood. These vampires are know as half breds, and cannot be concidered vampires until they drink the blood of their creator. These and gouls are the only vampires who can make gouls.
If a slave does drink it's masters blood he or she becomes an elite vampire.
Last but not least there are those who are born a vampire. This can happen a few different ways, but it's best discribed as a born vampire. This line of vampires is where vampire lords come from although not all born vampires are lords. In order for these vampires to become fullfledged vampires they have to drink human blood. Those that don't are vampirums.

sorry for that long explination, I hope it helps you decide what you want to be.

Ic: Ivan didn't think he was too serious, but her words still hovered in his thoughts as she left.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: hmm, well i'm not mindless, so out goes the gouls, i'm not governed by anyone one, so out goes the slave... That leaves me with the undead and then the elite dudes.... Which one fits me oh knower of vamps?

IC: Cautiously Mariah made her way back through the halls to where she had left Tobias, SHe really didnt want to meet anyone along the way while she was alone. If there were a few of them, she could probably take them, but back up was always nice.
She smiled to herself, "Tobias is probably fuming. I'm gonna get it when i find him again."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I would warn you how dangerous vampires can be, but you probably already know," jason said, watching Mariah depart. "I must say, it's vampires like her that inspire me to find a cure instead of slaughtering them." Holstering his gun, he picked up the bag of crystals. "Let's move. We have to finish placing these soon before whoever's running this place shows up."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:47 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: Hey, i'm slowly getting the hang of this again! WOOT!

IC: Mariah turned the corner and saw the strange door she and Tobias had been staring at before she had darted off, "Psst, Tobias! Did you know that this place is like a freakin' maze; i swear i got lost like, five times on my way back here." She glanced around, "WHere exactly are you?" Curiousity drew her toward the door. SHe shook her head as she examined it, "I'm never going to get why people have to make some things so obviously different. Having everything look the same would be so much harder. You wouldnt know if you were walking the right was or into a trap. With weird things you know it's one or the other. It's just determining which one...." She tore her eyes from the door, "ALright, onto business. FInding my hunting partner."

OC: the fun part of this. Dragonrider, you; can totally still be there. and i can just be ignoring you. take your pick. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 pm 
Matrix Operator

OCC: Looks like your stuck waiting for him. I'll see if I can contact him.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:04 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: sigh, i guess i deserve this since i deserted earlier... i shall grin and bear my punishment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 pm 
Godsin Queen

Ivan nodded and proceeded to follow behind Jason.hmm, I don't think there are many of us who want to be cured. There are a few of us who take on the life style by choice. Have you ever asked her if she wants to be a vampire. On the same note, I've always wondered what it would be like to be human. Is it really something to long for? Ivan asked him thoughtfully.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: i kinda like the elite idea... hmmm. Am i allowed to ramble as i wait. cause i can just sit quietly in a corner if need be...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 pm 
Godsin Queen

oc: yeah I agree, it suits the character. That way you have some leeway and can possibly be turned back into a human at some point if you so pleased. I don't think those born as vapms can be human, not sure. Maybe I'll look it up later.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:34 pm 
Silver sorceress

OC: alright, but really, would being human be fun at all after vamp-ness? i mean, no more fun, jsut human... what would one miss out on?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason just walked in silence for a moment, pausing to place a crystal under an overhang. "Limiting and liberating," he finally said. "No eternal life, no supernatural strength or any of that, but we don't rely on others' suffering or modern workarounds to live."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm 
Godsin Queen

Hmm, I see. Cleeishies always told me about simple things that humans have the pleasure of doing. She'd tell me about tanning in the sun,swimming in the sea, and eating food. I could do those things because of what I am, but she insisted I know what a full blooded vampire misses out on. Besides being slightly superhuman and not being able to die of old age. I think I'm more human than vampire. Yet, I get the feeling she wishes I was human like her. Although I still don't think I like the idea, I would become human for her. Do you think I could be human?
Ivan fought hard to keep the water works away. It had been a long time since he'd laid eyes on his beloved bride.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jason spoke spoke slowly, as if unsure of what he said. "There were rumors... Some tales being passed around in the darker parts of the world, that there was a cure for vampirism, lycanthropy too. If a truly willing victim sacrificed themselves, the curse would be lifted." He shook his head. "A twist worthy of cnance itself, eh? A cure as bad as the ailment it removes."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:58 pm 
Godsin Queen

A sacrafie, I'm not supirsed. Magic is all about equaltiy, so in order to turn a vampire they would first have to be living to begen with. Which means there would have to be a sacrafice of life to give life in most cases. it would probably be easier to work on tring to change elites and slaves than it would the whole population. They are the lucky ones, they arn't born vampires, and they arn't dead. I've done a bit of reasearch on the subject myself, and I'm begening to think it wouldn't matter if I wanted to be human or not. Being born a vampire means that it is your orgenail form. No way to change back into something you have neer been to start with. Heck I don't een know why I bother. Ivan sighed, he though maybe someone could give him some new information to work with.
Then he relized Jason probably didn't have a clue who Cleeshies was when he'd spoken of her earlied.

About Cleeishies, in case you are wondering. She's my wife. My regular human wife. She's why I'm here. I've been traveling though realm after realm looking for her. You see I had some trouble with some slayers a while back. I left her at the castle so she'd be safe. To make a long story short I took longer than expected, and so she left to go look for me. She left me a note in case I returned without her finding me. so I waited a while hopping she would give up and come back. After relizing she wasn't going to stop her search until she found me I've been searching for her as well. Ivan chattered on wiht his explination.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

"I'm so sorry." Jason shined his flashlight around a corner, then proceeded. "I can't help but wonder if she's connected to all this in some way. I can't use magic anymore, but I can still feel the threads of it, and they seem to be in a tangled swirl around us. Someone or something is pulling us into the heart of this castle, something stronger than mere chance. I think there are forces at work here greater than I anticipated."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm 
Cererean Princess

OOC: I'm baaaaack! Artemis/Tobias/DragonRider/NoMoreLies/Terraformer returns. With a vengeance (well, Falconer dragged me back here/I came of my own accord).

IC: Tobias was glancing around the room he'd found when he heard a voice behind him. Well, notstrictly behind him. And it wasn't simply just one voice, it was the voices of the other two as well. Hmmm, those strange abilities I had must be showing themselves, the others are on the other side of the building he thought to himself. But Mariah's voice was closest; close enoguh to be behind him. "Hello, Mariah, I've been waiting for you to return."

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next